16 November 2010

Thoughts on this week's Eagle

So, this week's issue of The Eagle came out today. I haven't read all of it, but I have some brief thoughts on somethings I've noticed. There wasn't a correction for the Nobel Peace Prize inaccuracy last week, so odds are no one told them about it. I'll have to email them about it.

There were some really poor word choices in the opinion section. One opinion piece mentioned "discriminate policies," as opposed to "discriminatory policies." Another piece talks about "the untenable position where we get sick and the Health Center is... closed...." That position is hardly "untenable." Unenviable, perhaps, but not untenable. The thing that really aggravates me about that is that this was a staff editorial. The editorial staff should know better.

Favorite Eagle Rant this week: "The worst thing about living on America's #1 Most Politically Active Campus is listening to drunk Republicans rant about economics

No comments: